FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions
- What is EngagePrimaryCare.ca?
- Who should use this site?
- I’m a patient. Can I request a family physician on this site?
- How long will it take to fill my request for a family physician?
- What happens to my request?
- How secure is my information?
- Will I get a confirmation and copy of my request?
- Who do I contact if I am having issues completing the form?
- How do I check the status of my request?
- Do I need to set up an account for submitting a request?
- I started my request but did not complete it. How can I access it again?
- What browsers does the website support?
EngagePrimaryCare.ca facilitates the need and demand to collaborate with Alberta family physicians through a registry of family physician leaders. It is a collaborative initiative between the Alberta College of Family Physicians, AHS Primary Health Care Program, and Alberta Medical Association’s Section of General Practice. EngagePrimaryCare.ca:
- Supports family physicians who have expressed interest in contributing in specific clinical areas with appropriate professional development opportunities.
- Provides one point of entry for all requesters to connect with family physicians in innovative projects, research studies, and health system transformation activities.
- Helps support clear and consistent processes to engage Alberta family physicians efficiently and effectively.
If you are a family physician and have interest in contributing in specific clinical areas with appropriate professional development opportunities, you are encouraged to register and help guide system reform.
Health Care Organizations Needing a Primary Care Perspective
If you are seeking family physicians to participate in your innovative projects or health system transformation activities, this site provides one point of entry to engage family physician in your initiative or program.
No. This site does not provide health advice or connect patients with a family doctor. Visit the Find a Physician on the Alberta College of Family Physicians website for resources to assist you in finding a family physician.
Upon the submission, an engagement coordinator will match your request with the Family Physician Leader Registry and connect you with the potential family physician candidates. This process will take approximately four to six weeks.
Upon the submission, an engagement coordinator will match your request with Family Physician Leader Registry and connect you with the potential family physician candidates. The Family Physician Engagement Protocol Fact Sheet provides an overview of the engagement process.
All provided information will be solely used for the purpose of facilitating an efficient and effective engagement process between family physicians, requesters and engagement coordinators. Information is securely stored in the registry and managed according to the privacy statement of the Alberta College of Family Physicians, a Leadership Secretariat member that has been charged with the management and administration of this website and family physician engagement protocol.
Yes. A confirmation email will be automatically sent to your email address upon submission and include a copy of your request.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 780-488-2395 (Alberta College of Family Physicians).
At this time, you are unable to check the status of your request online. Contact email@example.com for inquiries on the status of your request.
No. You are not required to set up an account. Simply visit the Request a Family Physician section and complete the request form. An engagement coordinator will match your request with the Family Physician Leader Registry and connect you with the potential family physician candidates.
Unfortunately, if you have already closed your browser window, you will need to fill out the request form again.
This website was designed to work properly in the following browsers:
- Internet Explorer 11
- Google Chrome